The Education Council is an advisory group to the Administration established to support the mission of the Academy by helping in the development of policy guidelines and future strategic planning in a consultative manner. Its eight voting members, the President of the Home and School Association, a faculty representative, the Pastor, and the Principal, follow the structure and mission outlined by the Diocese of Paterson.
The areas in which the Council has responsibility and will be consulted are: planning, policy and development, financing, public relations, selection of the principal, and evaluation of the Council’s performance.
The purposes for which the St. Rose of Lima Education Council meets are to:
- Foster the highest possible standards of academic and religious education for all students
- Examine and evaluate the existing and proposed school policies and programs and where necessary, adopt new policies and programs
- Assist with the establishment and implementation of policies relating to tuition and admission
- Review and endorse the annual budget
- Foster a better understanding and support of Catholic education
- Implement the policies of the Diocesan School Board
- Establish ad hoc and standing committees as needed
Members of the St. Rose of Lima Education Council are from diverse backgrounds and positions are filled by appointment by the Principal. Terms are limited to 3 years. Current members are: Father Owen B. Moran, Ms. Sheila Tomlinson, Mr. Angelo DiCaro, Mr. John Leshchuk, Ms. Adrienne Luongo, Mrs. Maryann Price, Mrs. Margaret Rydzewski, Mrs. Vanessa Saitta, Mrs. Terri Tumminio.